Now that spring has officially begun, fresh fruit is in bloom! As spring opens up the door for warm, summer sun, the peaches are ripening by the minute.
For anyone who owns their own ice cream maker, that means one thing. Fresh, homemade peach ice cream, because nothing hits the spot more than creamy ice cream and fresh peaches.
Delicious Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups of finely chopped, fresh peaches
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- ½ of a juiced lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of heavy cream or 2 cups of whipped cream
- 1 cup of milk
- Combine the chopped peaches, ½ cup of the sugar and the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for two hours while stirring the mixture every 30 minutes.
- After two hours, remove the mixture from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl.
- Return the peaches to the refrigerator.
- Whisk the eggs vigorously in a bowl until they are light and fluffy, about one to two minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining ¾ cups of sugar a little at a time until it is completely blended, about one minute after all the sugar has been poured in.
- Pour in the cream and the milk and whisk until completely blended.
- Add the peach and lemon juice mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to the ice cream maker’s directions.
- Once the ice cream begins to harden, add the peaches about two minutes before the ice cream is complete, and then continue freezing the ice cream until it is done.
The recipe makes one quart.
Once the ice cream is done, top with fresh peaches or peach sauce and whipped cream. Pair with peach pie, angel food cake, brownies or chocolate pie to double the deliciousness.
Peach ice cream is one of the highest fruit-flavored ice cream that is requested. Since peaches are seasonal, do not miss the opportunity to get the best. Grab them while they are fresh and start churning!