Butterscotch ice cream is the perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth! With a bit of a crunch and a smooth, rich taste, this ice cream is the ideal dessert after a light dinner.
Decadent and delicious– make a batch of butterscotch ice cream for your family today.
- 2 ½ cups of whole milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup dry milk
- ½ teaspoon pure butterscotch extract
Optional Crunchy Add-In
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup sugar
This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings of homemade ice cream.
Add-In Instructions (create prior to ice cream)
- 1. Heat sugar on medium heat on the stove until it turns golden-brown and caramelizes. Immediately remove from the heat source.
- 2. Add cashew nuts and stir until completely coated with the caramelized sugar.
- 3. Pour the sugared nuts onto waxed paper and allow to cool.
- 4. Crush the cashews and store until needed.
- 1. Combine whole milk, condensed milk, sugar and dry milk and whisk.
- 2. Bring this mixture to a boil over a high heat on the stove. Turn to a low heat and simmer for an additional five to seven minutes while stirring continuously.
- 3. Remove mixture from the stove and allow to cool. Add the butterscotch extract at this time.
- 4. Cover mixture and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- 5. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and place into your ice cream machine’s bucket.
- 6. Turn on your ice cream machine and permit it to churn the mixture until finished.
- 7. When the machine is done mixing, remove your ice cream and now fold the crushed nut mixture into your ice cream.
- 8. Place your ice cream back into the freezer and now permit to set for 40-60 minutes.
- 9. Remove from freezer, dish up and enjoy!
Butterscotch ice cream is decadent and enjoyable! When you are craving a delightful snack, indulge in this ice cream recipe—it is sure to please.